Monday, January 18, 2010

American woman: nails at salon or at home?

Do you American woman rather get your nails done at a salon or would you prefer getting them done at your home from a professional nail tech incl. all the stuff needed? I'm from Germany, just moved to TX. My sister is a prof. nail tech, too, and has her own business in mobile nail care where she visits her clients at home. Her clients really appreciate they can get their nails done at home. Would it be worth it starting a business like that here in the U.S.?American woman: nails at salon or at home?
I think it's a very good idea. I always wonder about the cleanliness of such establishments personally. Coming to someone's home would eliminate the need to put your shoes back on and walk out to your car, which sometimes results in messing up a good pedicure.





I live in Texas, too. If you start your business in Houston, let me know. I'll let you do my nails in my home.American woman: nails at salon or at home?
Actually it sounds like a good idea but it is against the law in the USA to go into peoples homes and do any sort of cosmetology on them for profit without the state board being involved.


You could lose your beauty lincense.There are strict laws on sanitation, paying taxes, ect.when you have any sort of home beauty business going on.You should check with your state board in Texas,the laws are different here in the US. I thought about a mobil haircutting salon in Hawaii because it was so remote but to complecated to do.
Yes. If you know how to drive and have a car then all you need are the supplies. If you are already accredited in Germany, the US government might not recognize it so you might be required to take an exam that will qualify you as a professional who is clean and responsible for her work.





It is a good business because you are your own boss. You can go to work whenever you want to. You don't have to spend for establishment rentals, employee salary, utilities etc. You have to spend for your gas. Since it will be a home service type of thing then you have the right to double up your rate.





I have a personal groomer that comes over to my house to do my nails and wax. The price is fair and the service is good. Women today are getting busier and sometimes are working and are house wives. This would be great for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment